These six sentences could form a paragraph. What is the best order to put them in to create an organized, cohesive paragraph?
- Western culture has only recently “accepted” tattoos.
- Before the 1970s, tattoos were generally reserved for soldiers or sailors, but their popularity has grown over the past few years.
- Tattoos are a form of body modification and self-expressive “art.”
- Now it is common to see tattoos of all shapes and sizes on people from all walks of life.
- Many cultures have used tattoos as a rite of passage or to indicate social rank or status for hundreds of years.
- Each has its own significance and meaning to the individual person.